FSU Service Center / Glossary Of Terms
Glossary Of Terms
Below are definitions and descriptions of terms within the FSU Service Center:
- An FSU Faculty/Staff member that has the ability to work on cases within the CRM system.
- The official documentation of an issue, problem, or occurrence from a customer. When a case is created, the case will be routed to a Provider Group to be assigned to an Agent. The case will remain open until resolution is found.
- Case Number
- A reference number assigned to each case after submission for reference and record keeping.
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- The ticketing system that runs the FSU Service Center. It is powered by Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM 9.1 for Higher Education.
- All University Faculty/Staff/Students as well as Parents and Guests/Prospective Students. Customers submit cases for problems, issues and other workflow needs.
- Provider Group (PG)
- Groups of Agents who share a common set of knowledge (i.e. email administration). Agents search for cases, solve the issue, communicate with the customer and finally solve the case.
- Provider Group Manager (PGM)
- One who serves as the primary contact over one or many provider groups for daily operations.
- Service Management
- The Service Management team is the system administrator for the FSU Service Center. If you are having difficulty with the system, please contact us.
- Solution Library
- A knowledge management archive that provides the means for the collection, organization, and retrieval of common solutions used to solve a case.